I call myself a FIRM Believer because I love The FIRM. However, my love of The FIRM has expanded to love of other instructors as well. Cathe, Gin Miller, Ilaria Montagnani, Petra Kolber, Classical Stretch, Christi Taylor, Jari Love...to name just a few more of my favorites.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

HIIT

So I'm trying to incorporate more HIIT into my life, high intensity interval training. What to choose? I do have Cathe's Hiit and Firm Express. I have absolutely zero desire to use Firm Express--but I will someday. lol

I'm looking at a few choices to expand my, um, collection:
Amy Dixon Breathless Body
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 (cardio and strength intervals)
Michelle Dozois PeakFit system. Problem with this is many people are getting scratched DVDs--not too cool.

Don't want to shell out the money for TurboFire as Turbo Jams hurt my kidney, plus I'm not too keen on Chalene. She's to hip for me.

If it's not on DVD, I won't do it. We do have a gym boss but I need to follow.

Supposedly HIIT is a better fat burner than steady state cardio. I love steady state cardio and will still do it on days I don't do HIIT because you can't do HIIT daily.

What to do? I want this fat off, I want to work out wisely.

2 comments:

  1. i only have the 2=workout retail dvd from firm. i like it a lot. i sold my cathe hiit only b/c it was straight forward hit exercises i can do on my own using the gym boss. i find firm better in creativity over cathe b/c i am THAT ADD LOL. the turbo fire hiits are GREAT but not worth the price of the set. its not kickboxing but some combos moves done really fast. if turbo jams do bother you then the quick kickboxing combos might be a bother anyway. i haven't tried the others other then cardio strength from michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to pull my Firm Express out and start previweing. I'll incorporate my favorites from the set. With the new Firm stuff, though, I just--I don't know, it doesn't have the draw like the old Firm stuff. I also need to preview Cathe's Hiit and add that in.

    I just bought Breathless Body and Michell's two DVDs. While her system is $70 and her two DVDs that are in the system are $40, I couldn't see spending the extra $30 on the set because it comes scratched. Plus, I wouldn't use the strength DVDs.

    According to my research, I can safely do HIIT 3 times a week--and that's what's recommended for insulin control. Gulp, that which does not kill me will make me stronger!

    ReplyDelete